The John Whelan Library (Isaac Newton Group of Telescopes) comprises several
libraries, archives and online resources. The INT Library is situated on the first floor of the
Isaac Newton Telescope building and the SLO Library on the
sixth floor of Mayantigo building. The SLO Library is split into
a Book Library, a Periodical Library and a Display, all located on
the same floor. More information, including access to the catalogues, can be found at:
Golden Rules for Library Users
- NONE of the items at the INT Library, the SLO Periodical Library
or the SLO Display can be borrowed, except those withdrawn from
use and marked as so.
- ALL items at the SLO Book Library can be borrowed except those
labeled as 'NOT TO BE TAKEN AWAY' or 'FOR REFERENCE'.
- If you take a book from the shelves and you don't know where to put it
back, please leave it on the RETURNED BOOKS tray at the SLO Book
- NEVER take away a book without filling in a LOAN CARD.
- NEVER place a filled loan card on the shelves. Leave it in the
FILLED LOAN CARDS mailbox at the SLO Book Library instead. Books
must be returned within one year.
- After borrowing NEVER return a book to the shelves, even if you
know the right place. Leave it on the RETURNED BOOKS tray at the
SLO Book Library.
- NEVER take away the books placed on the RETURNED BOOKS tray.
JOHN WHELAN LIBRARY Postal Address:
Isaac Newton Group of Telescopes Apartado de correos 321
Roque de Los Muchachos Observatory E-38700 Santa Cruz de La Palma
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Canary Islands, SPAIN
Javier Mendez Alvarez Phone: +34 922 425 464
E-mail: email@example.com Fax: +34 922 425 442