The conference social programme comprises
- Welcome reception
Sunday 1st March, 18:30-21:00 (Museo de Arte Contemporáneo)
- Public talk (in Spanish) by Carlos Frenk – Nuestro Improbable Universo
Monday 2nd March, 20:00-21:00 (Teatro Circo de Marte, admittance by conference name badge)
- Guided walking tour of Santa Cruz & Canarian folk performance (Plaza de España)
Tuesday 3rd March, 18:45-20:15
- Trip to the sub-tropical rain forest Los Tilos, with picnic lunch followed by a gentle hike
Wednesday 4th March, 13:30-19:00 [sign up during conference]
- Conference dinner, Real Nuevo Club Náutico de La Palma
Thursday 5th March, 19:30-23:00 [sign up during conference]
- Visit to the William Herschel Telescope and GranTeCan
Friday 6th March, 15:00-19:00 [sign up during conference]
For those arriving a few days before the conference we can organise a tour of the observatory on Sunday afternoon, 1st March, leaving from Los Cancajos at 15:00; let us know if you're interested in this possibility by email to MOSLaPalma@ing.iac.es.
If you'd like to stay on for a few days after the conference, or indeed if you plan to arrive a few days before the conference, a local astronomy-tourism company, Astro Travels, will be able to organise some additional trips and activities, subject to demand. There are many possibilities including visits to the Caldera de Taburiente national park or the volcanoes in the south of the island, hiking trips, sailing, scuba diving, and whale and dolphin watching.
If you'd like to pursue any of these possibilities, please email Astro Travels directly.