Next: SUMMARY OF COMMANDS FOR
Up: QUICK REFERENCE GUIDE
Previous: STARTUP OF THE
- Retract Mirror on old A/G box (leave at OUT).
- Zenith park the telescope - but otherwise leave the telescope
control program running.
- Close the dark slides (photometer) or corresponding feature of other
instrument, if such exist.
- Completely switch off the acquisition TV by turning down the gain
control until it clicks and pressing the red STOP button. Turn
off the autoguider.
- Close the mirror covers.
- Close the dome shutters.
- Switch on the dome lights.
- Replace dust covers as necessary.
- Turn off the 'TELESCOPE POWER' key on the console.
- Cancel the alarm that sounds (left button of panel at lower right of
- When you have finished printing files or copying data as
appropriate; SHUTDOWN to get out of ADAM, then Sign off (SO <cr>
will do) at the user terminal of the instrument control computer.
- Complete the log (night assistant) book and leave any SERs or
hardware fault cards in the tray above the Lexidata.
- Make sure the intercom is off (depress the .<- key so that the red
light goes out).
- If appropriate, if you are using the CCD then refill the cryostat
with liquid nitrogen and note the time done on the notice board in
the control room.
- Lock the outside door as you leave.
Tue Aug 5 05:37:08 MET DST 1997