Next: SUMMARY FOR EXPERT
Up: THE PE 3220
Previous: NORMAL STARTUP PROCEDURE
How to reverse the telescope from East to West of the Axis.
The reverse operation is carried out by interchanging
West for East.
- Press 'Zenith Park'
- Turn off TV and Autoguider
- Close dome, open blind and switch on lights
- At TCS Console type 'FINISH' This is the furthest VDU from
the left of the Telescope Console
- Switch to engineering Control
- Turn the speed knobs on the engineering panel to
their maximum allowed values. This will be marked
against the knobs and may be substantially slower
than the maximum physically possible.
- Watching through the window use the engineering
controls to move the telescope to the pole and over
the axis. When the telescope reaches the pole carry
on turning in Hour Angle until the telescope is well
to the West of the polar axis. Continue
turning in HA and restart the declination motion in the same
direction so that
the telescope comes near to the Zenith West of the axis.
- Return to TCS console and type
GO JKT,F15W,COMPILE (F15E if moving from West to
East, F8E if observing at f/8. There is no F8W for
- When the user-interface appears on the telescope
console carry out the zeroset and then switch to
- Switch off lights, close blind and open dome.
- Turn on TV and Autoguider
- Carry on observing; both the TV and CCD displays
will appear to have rotated through 180 degrees.
Tue Aug 5 05:37:08 MET DST 1997