Previous: The Menu Structure
Up: The Menu Structure
Next: The Display Menu
Previous Page: The Menu Structure
Next Page: The Display Menu
The Main Menu enables the user to select any of the other available menus,
and the ZOOM function.
Any item can be selected by placing the cursor on the menu name, and
pressing . The options are:-
- PREFERENCES - this menu has not been implemented and trying to
select it will have no effect.
- DISPLAY - Selecting this menu gives various options for changing
the contrast and lookup table of the image displayed in the image
- ZOOM - This does not select a menu, but is an option. After
selecting the ZOOM option with , pressing
again zooms in, while zooms out. Moving the mouse on
the keypad while the display is zoomed moves the cursor in the image
in the same sense as the mouse is being moved on the pad, while
attempting to keep the cursor in the centre of the screen. This results
in the image moving on the screen in the opposite sense to that in which
the mouse is being moved, with some timelag. returns the
display to normal (i.e. not zoomed), and returns the user to the Main
- STATISTICS - Selecting this menu gives various options for defining
windows in the data area, and for statistical operations on the data
within these windows.
- WINDOWS - This menu gives options for defining windows on the DMS
screen, but is not currently used.
- 3D MODES - This menu gives options for examining three dimensional
data arrays. These are not useful for any of the ISIS data acquisition
modes implemented to date.
- SCREENS - This menu allows the user to select between types of data
(i.e. CCD or IPCS), and will in future be used to select between display